Wednesday, February 21, 2007

the first ladies of skirts


Today I was a guest on a terrific radio show, Conversations with Kathleen Dunn, on Wisconsin Public Radio for a full HOUR talking about the history of skirts. It was really cool, with a lot of interested guests calling in with very challenging questions about skirts. I'm working to archive the segment on my web site. Or go ahead and listen to it here with Real Player:

One caller (who was unable to get on the air) told the show's producer that she wanted to ask me about a first lady she had read about who died or was injured when her skirt caught fire. I've never heard this story and feel remiss that I included a side bar about the first ladies in my book and had never heard of this story. I spent a few hours researching it today and nothing turned up--has anyone heard this story before? If so, I'd love to hear about it!

I'm surprised how many people are interested in hearing about the First ladies of Skirts. I admit that that section of my book was a sidebar that was added as an after-thought. In retrospect I would have spent more time on it, making the content more extensive and more detailed. Maybe this is an idea for another book?

In the meantime, keep an ear out for my upcoming radio interviews:

Wednesday, February 28, 2007
CHED: Cheryll Gillespie Show
Edmonton, Alberta
10:00 AM to 10:23 AM PST
*TAPED Interivew

Friday, March 23, 2007
WLIU-RADIO
In The Morning
New York
6:40 AM to 6:55 AM PST
LIVE
Promotional giveaway

Tuesday, April 3, 2007
WICN-FM
Boston
8:00 AM to 8:30 AM PST

No comments: